Monday, July 9, 2012

Mango rasam and blog-bonding

I, for sure need accept the face that I've been several light years away from blogging! Upheavals in life just kept me submerged in uncertainty and fear. Now with the help of family and friends i am getting out of my worst nightmare that came true! Life without dad is something which i never thought of .But life has compelled me to eat ,sleep ,cook and take care of my family! So be it as it may!
This rasam was made from one of the sourest mangoes I've ever encountered with. Picked a few from my Munnar trip.The seller claimed that it grew in the forests out there.Considering the sourness i decided it was rasam. Sure enough turned out heavenly. A must try!

Mango rasam recipe 





Mango pieces -1 cup
coriander leaves chopped-!/2 cup
green chilies -2 nos
garlic-2 nos
ginger-1/2" finely chopped
turmeric powder - a pinch
rasam powder- 3/4 tsp (adjust according to spice level)
water-3 cups
salt to taste
jaggery- 1/2 tsp
Ghee-1 tsp
hing-a pinch
jeera-1/4 tsp
curry leaves -a few


Cook the mango pieces on high for 3 minutes. Cool it and grind it along with coriander leaves chilies and salt Mix it with water. Add jaggery. Now for the seasoning , add the ghee and crackle the jeera, add hing, turmeric powder, rasam powder, curry leaves and garlic. Once done stir it in to the rasam and enjoy it with some hot rice or as soup!

7 comments:

  1. mango rasam is new to me. But looks delicious.

    Don't worry yes life is hard without loved ones, still it has to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Innovative recipe, mango rasam looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! viji...i usually make mango sambar just to avoid tamarind. i use lime instead of tamarind for rasam....iam sure mango rasam is going to be a hit in our family...thank u...be blessed by the divine..enjoy cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Innovative. I am tempted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to blogging, mango rasam looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, never had this.. sounds so interesting and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. first time here nice blog glad to follow you... mouth watering rasam ...lovely clicks...visit my blog
    www.sriyafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments and feedbacks which will help me through my culinary voyage!