Saturday, April 3, 2010

Retreat-musings n missings!!!!


I know it's been a loooooooong time since i stepped in to my blog; my second home! India had me gallivanting and hardly let me do things i wanted to. But  i enjoyed every moment of it . I have been on the binge ever since i set foot there and could hardly resist doing it.Conveniently located in Coimbatore, I no longer just raved about Annapoorna but had a taste of it most of the time. My ladies group at Cary will have a hard time accepting my new "weighed image".
So its back to the pavilion now and no more running from blog posts, although i am compelled to run for a different reason being my weight!!! Many friends wanted to know what was wrong with my blog. It was in fact me who was bitten by the "India"bug. Who cares for net connections and blog posts while you are letting your hair down in India? But here i am  guys back after a long  trip from India and a short and lazy trip to Portland. I was in Portland to meet this new beautiful and sweet addition to the world-Sarayu. Our friends Vasanth and Narmadha are the proud parents of the new bundle-Sarayu. My husband was thrilled to meet his long lost friend Subramani who we always address as Sami. I saw a new friend in his wife Parvathy as my son in Madhu.
Amidst all this excitement i wanted to post this yummilicious  dosa recipe which is again a no fuss recipe.
A great way to consume these veggies and the colour it imparts to the dosa is also a feast to the eye.The recipe for pumpkin dosa goes.......

Ingredients

1 cup raw rice
1 cup par boiled rice
1/4 cup urad dhal
2 cups pumpkin cubed
1/2 tsp jeera seeds
3 red chillies
1/2 tsp dhaniya seeds
2 tblsps chopped coriander
salt to taste

Method

Soak both the rices and the dhal for about 2 hours and grind it along with other ingredients in the blender till smooth. Add the salt in the end and mix it well.You can pour out in to dosas immediately. Best relished with tomato chutney .

12 comments:

  1. Hey Thanks for stopping by...We are happy that you liked us..

    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow pumpkin dosa...cool!seems u r very adventures in ur kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, welcome back..Glad that you had a great time back home :-)Pumpkin dosas look perfect and yumm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Viji
    Many thanks for visiting my blog and your appreciations.
    You have a nice site here..this dosa looks quite good...humm with pump kin , will try when I am back home.
    have anice week

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a nice blog with interesting recipes. Pumpkin dosa looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to hear that you had a great time in India..i m flying to india tonight..and so excited...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope u have a gr8 time in India Sarah keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back Viji. Pumpkin dosa looks yummy. You are quite an enthusiastic and adventrous cook.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Deepti.Nice to get back to blogging and stay connected to friends like you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool dosa.do visit my blog when you find some time.following you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you blogging again!I had the same thoughts of not seeing you in action. Anyways,I love any variant of dosa and this one sure looks inviting and going to try it soon..Keep Blogging!!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments and feedbacks which will help me through my culinary voyage!