Monday, November 16, 2009

Raw banana podimas



I always associate this curry with our tradition. It generally is served in the traditional menus. A curry that you are bound to get addicted too. Rasam and this curry is a combination that takes you to the 7th heaven. Not really a tedious job making this curry. But the raw banana that is available in the US have a slight sweetness to them which does not compliment the curry so well. It was still the creepy craving in me, for this curry made me do it  Don't we all eat apple chuntneys and curd rice mixed with fruits? So ......it's ok to do the best with whatever you. are vested with. Nothing is right or wrong in a culinary experiment. We are all learners all through our journey of life. I am sure most of you would agree with me!

Ingredients

2 Raw bananas
2 red chillies
1 teaspoons mustard
1 teaspoons urad dhal
1 channa dhal
1 teaspoon hing

turmeric powder a pinch
salt to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
oil

Method

Steam the bananas after de-skining them. Once done cool them and crumble them. In a skillet add some oil and add the mustard, urad, channa dhal, chillies,turmeric and hing.When it spaltters add the crumble, and saute it till it gets slightly roated.Add salt and switch off the stove.Add lemon juice and serve with rice and rasam.

3 comments:

  1. you have a nice blog n homely recipes...i like.
    the puffed rice namkeen is my fave and this plaintain dish also i love...we call it mashed plaintain or bharta...
    i love plaintains n have a few recipes in my archives...
    thanks for dropping by..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of interesting recipes.this wud sure b one of my most favourite and frequented site.keep up the gud work.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments and feedbacks which will help me through my culinary voyage!