Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Palak koora pappu-An andhra heartthrob!

 

This dish is one of those many dishes that came along with me from hyderabad. This dish in particular was a speaciality of my maid Sunita. My god how i miss her here in US. This can be done with amaranth leaves too. It is such a comfort food. My artist friend Vijay who is a typical hyderabadi has these kinds of dhals everyday. He is a die-hard fan of Andhra pappu and pachadi. Probably i got this pappu fever from him and rank it top among my fav foods. My son follows suit. A very simple no fuss recipe with a heavenly taste. One of the reasons that i don't miss hyderabad very much is because i do all the dishes that i learnt from there in my everyday cooking. I am always exicted about meeting somebody who is from hyderabad.My affair with hyderabad started 9 years back and is still going strong and anyday i would be glad to settle down there.My hyderabad rambles would go on and on...so getting in to the recipe...

Ingredients

1 cup cooked thur dhar mashed
1 cup Spinach chopped
1/4 cup tomato chopped
2 tablespoons onions chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
4 green chillies spilt

for seasoning

2 teaspoons oil
1/2 teaspoon jeera
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1 red chiili broken

Method

Heat the skillet and add the oil and season it. Now add the onions, garlic and green chillies and saute them till they get soft. Add the tomato and after a while add the spinach. After its cooked add the mashed thur dhal and salt and give it a good mix and switch off the stove.Serve it with hot rice and ghee.Great with rotis too.

3 comments:

  1. looks healthy and new dish to me...sounds good too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. palak+toor dhal- helathy n delicious...

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments and feedbacks which will help me through my culinary voyage!