Friday, November 13, 2009

Mushroom and peppers in cilantro sauce.


This is another good way to consume the nutritious mushroom. Always liked capsicum with mushrooms. This dish is done in a jiffy.The ingredients used are very basic and available anytime in your pantry. The colours attract any one's attention. A very successful pot luck dish. The crunch in the peppers is sure a contrast to the softer mushroom. This qualifies as a bachelor's cooking dish too. Easy to manage and the end  product a tasty green sauce with mushrooms and colourful peppers. I vote it as one of the great tasting mushroom dishes!

Ingredients                                                      For Seasoning

1 pound button mushrooms                                 1 tablespoon butter
2 cups peppers chopped(all colours)                   2 pods elaichi
1 big onion chopped                                           1/2"cinnamon
1 toamato chopped
2 green chillies
2 red chillies
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
6 cloves garlic
1'' ginger
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 tablespoon coconut
1 bunch cilantro chopped

Method

First grind the ginger, garlic ,chillies and the onions in to a paste. Then grind the coconut, tomato and cilantro in to another paste and keep aside. Now heat the skillet and add the butter and once its melted, add elaichi and cinnamon . Then add the mushrooms and saute them for 2 minutes and then mix in the ginger,garlic,chilli and onion paste. Cook it well till the aroma  emerges. Now add the peppers and give it a good mix and stir in the coconut ,cilantro and tomato paste and add salt and garam masala with it.Cook till done.Keep the crunch in peppers.Serve hot with rotis or rice.

11 comments:

  1. Thanx for visiting my blog...Mushroom pepper combo sounds gr8..very aromatic dish...yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and delicious dish. Whenever I add peppers in dishes I love to have them crunchy :-)..Yes, we need to catch up with the Hyderabad stories soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Viji, Thanx for your comment in my blog. You have a lovely blog. The pics look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and for ur lovely comments. You have a lovely space Viji. Mushroom and peppers curry looks inviting and delectable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog and the lovely comment...you have a nice blog...the mushroom and peppers gravy sounds and looks delicious...very interesting dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Viji... thanks for dropping by at my blog... of course I know Ramya very well... good to know you too thru her... you have a lovely space here will add yours in my blogroll and will visit often... keep visiting :)
    and your mushroom curry looks very flavorful... nice addition of cilantro sauce to make it more flavorful ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mushroom pepper combo is yummy and delicious.you can visit my blog and give ur comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comments.
    I was not able to write anything or read anything since I was busy with parties and friends. There are few moments we should leave to them. May be they will never come in future.

    I like mashrooms. My friend said he will purchase some for this weekend so we can try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THats really nice comforting bowl...makes me hungry already..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is damn tempting! When is the serving? :)

    My Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey great blog, maintaining simplicity - check out my blog too - http://lekshmisadukkala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments and feedbacks which will help me through my culinary voyage!