Monday, November 9, 2009

Apple chutney





This chutney is a pure delight. When one thinks of a fruit chutney the taste that comes to your mind is something sweet or tangy. But this chutney differs by all means.You can never make out that, apples are the hero here. I am not against apples definitely. This chutney is fiery and as spicy as any chutney you relish. The magnificent colour makes you drool at sight.I served this chutney with dosas no one even guessed it was apple chutney. Served me great as sandwich spread and  on chappati rolls too.

Ingredients

2 medium sized apples chopped
1 teaspoon urad dhal
1 teaspoon channa dhal
1 teaspoon dhaniya seeds
1 teaspoon jeera
4 red chillies
salt to taste
oil 2 teaspoons

For seasoning

1/2 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon hing

Method

Heat a skillet and add the oil. Once it is heated up add the channa dhal,urad dhal,dhaniya seeds,jeera and red chillies and slightly roast them and when done take them out and add the apples and saute them in the same pan for about 3 minutes. Cool everything and grind it in your mixer and season it with mustard and hing.

7 comments:

  1. apple chutney.nice innovative idea to make chutney with a fruit.should give a different taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.
    Please collect your award from my blog.
    Apple chutney looks delicious and yummy.I will definitely try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to give this wonderful chutney a try. I adore Indian food, so I can't wait to read through your blog. Thanks for stopped by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very different!! Interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New to ur blog...u got wonderful recipes here.....glad to follow u.... Do drop in my blog when u r free

    ReplyDelete
  6. great! variety chutney.i'll try this.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments and feedbacks which will help me through my culinary voyage!